Want to experience some of the most unique views the city of Amsterdam has to offer? On March 21, several high rise buildings that normally remain closed to the public open their doors during Open Tower Day Amsterdam 2020.
— CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 —
From historical towers in the city center to super modern skyscrapers on the Zuidas, make your way to the top and see Amsterdam in a whole new way!
Participating Towers Open Tower Day Amsterdam 2020
You can see a full overview of all participating towers on the official website of Open Tower Day in Amsterdam. The more popular locations require an upfront reservation and are currently all fully booked. The following 12 locations are accessible without booking a ticket and offer free entrance to the roof:
- Kalverpassage – Blue Amsterdam (City Center)
- Zilveren Toren – Level Eleven (City Center)
- Lloyd Hotel (East)
- QO (East)
- UP Office Building (East)
- Leonardo Hotel Rembrandtpark (West)
- Rochdale (West)
- Nautique Living (North)
- Ransdorpertoren (North)
- Oranjekerk (South)
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam-South (Zuidas)
- Vrije Universiteit (Zuidas)
Corona Virus Update
Due to the Corona Virus, some locations can no longer participate. Make sure to check the official website for the most up-to-date information on which towers you can visit during Open Tower Day Amsterdam 2020.
Getting around Amsterdam
Looking for the best way to visit the towers on Open Tower Day? Amsterdam offers an amazing public transport system, which will get you anywhere you want to go. Book your Public Transport Ticket upfront to get easy access to all GVB buses, trams, and metros.
Top 5 Amsterdam Hotspots with the best views of the city
When you’re not able to participate during Open Tower Day 2020, rest assured that Amsterdam counts many other highrise locations to enjoy panoramic views and gorgeous sunsets all year round. Here’s my Top 5:
- A’DAM Tower / A’Dam Lookout: Offers a 360º view and sensational swing over the edge of the building.
- SkyLounge Bar: An award-winning roof-top lounge bar that serves excellent cocktails with a view.
- Nemo: A fun science museum that comes with a sunny free rooftop terrace to enjoy views of the historical city center.
- Canvas op de 7e: The perfect place to enjoy food, drinks, and epic Amsterdam sunsets.
- OBA: The Amsterdam Public Library is a wonderful spot to escape from the buzzing city with amazing views over Amsterdam.
Fly like a bird over the Netherlands
Speaking about great views. Did you know that you can experience a unique simulated 7-minute flight over all the must-see attractions in Holland?
ALSO READ 101 Best Things to do in Amsterdam
THIS IS HOLLAND lets you float above the windmills of Holland, the canals of Amsterdam, and of course the colorful tulip-bulb fields. The flight includes special effects like wind, mist, and scent for a true Dutch experience you’ll never forget.
I can’t wait to see all your pretty Instagram pictures! Make sure to tag them with #tulipsandtravels so I can feature them on my Tulips & Travels Instagram account.
Love to travel? Follow T&T on Pinterest for daily travel inspiration and more amazing Amsterdam Hotspots.